Saturday, September 04, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday, Lomita!


(This is the birthday letter I wrote to Paloma back in July.  The only reason I'm posting it now is to let her know that she was not forgotten.  It was just a really busy summer!)

July 9th, 2010

Dear Paloma Joy,

We love you, little lady, and are thrilled to celebrate your 2nd birthday!

Because I am recording fewer of these moments, I'd like to share a little bit about the gal you are so that I won't forget.

~You are VERY small (still) for your age.  I don't think you hit 20 lbs yet!  Most people think you look average in size because the cloth diapers that nicely pad you in the tushy!  In fact, we've realized we must dress you in different clothes when you do (on those rare occasions) wear disposables!  Not that long ago I put a disposable on and had to put you in Autumn's 3/6 months shorts!

~You are VERY loud.  You have tremendous volume with seemingly little effort on your part.  Now that you are speaking more and we're able to understand you more we love that distinct voice of yours.  Some of the typical phrases we hear out of your mouth are:

*Mommy!  Mommy!  I aunt waddy. (translation: Mommy!  Mommy!  I want water.)

*Jah-jah!  Say-na!  K-K!  Aubuddy!  Hiyeee! (translation: Joshua!  Saraina!  Kadin!  Autumn!  Hi!)

*I-ya Joe-joe, Daddy. (translation: I want a Joe-Joe, Daddy.  Note:  Joe-Joe's are Trader Joe's version of Oreo's, a treat for the kiddos.)

~You are very capable of keeping up with your older siblings.  You want to be with your siblings and want to do what they do.  It's funny and remarkable how quickly you can pick up on certain things just by their example.  You pay special attention to Saraina and learn ballet moves from her.  So cute.

~You remain extremely affectionate.  You will have anyone pick you up and hold you!

In closing, sweet Paloma, draw near to God, little one.  Receive His precious gift of salvation!  My heart overflows as I think about worshipping The Creator with your Daddy, siblings, and you one day...

Happy Birthday!

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Team Whitney said...

We love you, sweet Paloma!