Saturday, January 23, 2010

What Do You Deserve?

That's the question I need to continually ask myself.

What do I really beleive I deserve? I mean deep, deep down in my heart what is it that I truly believe I deserve?

The objective, unquestionable truth to that answer is... HELL.

Though I often forget that in the course of a day as I am faced with "challenges" and "temptations," God will open my eyes to the utter, disgusting reality of my sin... against Him.

Yet, thankfully, He doesn't keep me from the greatest news which is infinitely bigger than all my offenses against Him... He has died for me. He died the most horrible death for the sin that clings so tightly at times I feel it will overwhelm me. But that sin has NO CHANCE against God's power!

If you're interested in "my story," go here.

This blog post is more about where I am today though. I'm saved, by His mercy and grace, I'm held by His kindness and love, and I'm a work in progress!

Lord, my heart aches for those I know personally who do not have that awareness of just how sinful they are and just how much they need You, the only Savior. My heart aches as they can be as moral or upright or good as they please... but their pride... their pride is keeping them from true, lasting peace.

But, the good news is they too can "seek the LORD while He is near" (see Isaiah 55:6) for you desire ALL to see their sin and live for you (see Romans 3:23-26).

And the good news for those like me, saved but see anew their sin, we can run to Him and find mercy again and help for the race!

Thank you, Lord! You do not treat me as I deserve! Would You be as kind as to remind me even quicker of that as I serve, teach, train, engage, love my kids today? Thanks!

No comments: