Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Princess Saraina, Happy 4th!



November 5, 2009

Sweet Saraina-bug,

Daddy and I remember it so well. Four years ago today I made Daddy drive through Chik Fil-a TWICE as we were out shopping. Perhaps that was the help you needed for my water broke shortly after we got home that afternoon and you burst into the world less than 10 minutes after arriving at the hospital. Boy, you came FAST! And from the beginning, we loved our first princess.

You have so many neat qualities about you and so many things that make you so unique to us. Often I watch you from a distance and think, "Where'd she get that from?" and the only answer would be our amazing Savior, Jesus. Of course, I also see those things that Daddy and I want to address early so that you might live your life in a manner worthy of the Gospel. God kindly is granting Daddy and I eyes to see areas we can focus on to help you live to God and die to self. So, all that to say, I so enjoy just watching you, taking in it all.

In watching you I see how much you have grown in one year and how quickly our time with you might be going by. You amaze me at what you can read. Granted, we're not talking Pilgrim's Progress but I vividly remember my second and even fourth graders not being able to read short vowel words.

I love how you are all girl, wearing pink and purple, "decorating" your hair, and caring for your babies. But you love playing tough with your brothers! Yes. You can hold your own wrestling with them. This picture says it all me. Climbing a rope ladder with a jean skirt on boots!

You are growing so much in listening. How critical it is to be a good listener! As Daddy leads us in our morning Bible time you sit and really focus on what he is sharing. While the full comprehension will come later, you are putting forth good effort in trying.

You and Joshua have always had a special relationship since you're so close in age but it is really a blessing to see you and Kadin developing a sweet relationship. Oh he adores his "Nan nan!"

But, it certainly isn't hard to see why he adores you so much and why Joshua and Paloma seek you out to play. We love you, precious girl!

love,
Mommy (and Daddy too!)

2 comments:

Team Whitney said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Saraina!

Waitsfam said...

We love you so much, Saraina :)