Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Digging - God's Provision

The digging has begun! Ooooo... we are all so excited!

We are getting a new fence for our home.

This is a big deal for us. We're talking a good amount of dollars that had to be saved and not used for other things. We weren't sure if we'd really be able to get it this year until just about a month or so ago. (We have wanted a new fence since we moved in two years ago this June.) But God's provision cannot be mistaken. And today it begins!


And now that it is happening, I can see how good it has been that God didn't grant us this desire sooner. The waiting helped me (possibly Papa-Bear, too) trust God to provide, to wait on His perfect timing, to enjoy what He has given us, to appreciate His gifts all the more. I certainly see that we don't deserve this fence. Yet I am truly thankful for it!

This will be a three-day project (we're getting a kind of elaborate gate that covers our entire driveway and will take a day for the guys to put in) but I'll be sure to post pictures when it's all said and done!

1 comment:

Waitsfam said...

Yea!!! I'm so happy for you all!