Monday, March 09, 2009

12th Spiritual Birthday

Twelve years ago today I gave my life to Christ at a Bible Study in Jersey. And lots has changed since that pivotal day. I was in my first year teaching Kindergarten through Teach For America. The Lord worked it out to have me become roommates with Charity, the faithful friend who shared her life with me and ever-so-gently led me to the Savior.

This afternoon I was singing the following song at the lunch table, amazed by the Truth in the words regarding who I once was. Here's the song...


Almighty Maker, universe shaper
You put the stars into space
Yet You descended, You have befriended
Those who had hated Your name, just like me

Lord over nations, King of Creation
Heaven and earth bow to You
I am Your child, I've been reconciled
With tender affection You drew me to You

Chorus
King of Glory, I know You love me
So I will trust You, yes I will trust in You
God Almighty, You have saved me
So I will trust You,
Yes, I will trust in You

What you ask am I trusting God for now today? So much for He is so trustworthy!

But what it mostly boils down to is me trusting Him to help me do His will for my life. Daily (often more than that, truthfully) I ask Him to show me His will. What are You calling me to in this moment, O Lord God? Help me to hear You and then to obey You!

When I take a step in obedience He ALWAYS provides the grace necessary for me to accomplish what He's calling me to.




No comments: