Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Burdens

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly of heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. --Matthew 11:28-30

I woke up this morning with lots of burdens. Some of them are legit. Most are simply stinkin' thinkin' on my part. All of them, however, are known by my God and King and have at least been allowed by Him for nothing happens outside of His knowledge.

So, as I slowly make my way through the book of Matthew in the Bible, I am reminded that God knows ALL of my needs. Do I really, really, truly believe that? I better! For if I don't I can't say I love Him and am His follower.

Jesus commands me to come to Him for He WILL grant me rest. And not only that, if I choose to go to Him with those things that are weighing on me I will find that they become EASY and LIGHT!

How can that be? What does that mean? Will He change my situation and grant me the lazy life of ease I in the flesh desire?

NO!

But God will grant me to see my situation through His eyes. I can learn from Him and His perfect example. I will see that when I look at my situation with Gospel-eyes I see how EASY it is to follow Him and LIGHT my burdens are because HE PROVIDES me with exactly what I need, when I need it, in the perfect amount and in the perfect time - for His glory and my good!

He knows me inside out. He even knows the exact number of hairs on my head. How can I not trust Him to provide me with what I need this new day?

So, I end my quiet time this morning chanting my version of James 1:2. I WILL COUNT IT ALL, ALL JOY! I WILL COUNT THE TRIALS OF THIS DAY AS JOY!!!!

Can I get an Amen?

1 comment:

Cara said...

Yes, you can, Kia!

I am also in a time when sin and temptation are forcing me to look upward more... and as I do, I'm realizing that thinking greater thoughts about God (like your thoughts about His perfect sufficiency and strength) is one of the best things I can do to change.

Thanks for sharing your struggles and the grace you are receiving. Love to your family.