Friday, September 26, 2008

Why I'm Loving Coupons

This morning before Pops left for his chiro appt. (yes! He's going to a chiropractor! So am I AND Paloma!) I headed to Walgreens as soon as they opened. I had some Walgreens $$ to spend (Register Rewards).



Here's what my transaction looked like:



Puchased:

2 Nabisco Oreos on sale for 2/$5

1 gal 2% milk for $2.79

2 Wrigley gum packs for $1.19 each

Joy dish soap for $1.79

3 boxes of cereal (Rice Krispies) on sale for 3/$7



Total b4 any discounts: $18.96 (not including tax)



Discounts:

- 1.04 for gum (Walgreens coupon)

- 1.19 for gum (buy 1 get one Manufacturer coupon!)

- .80 for Joy dish soap (Walgreens coupon)

- .30 for Joy dish soap (Manufacturer coupon)

- 10.00 (Register Rewards from previous visit)



Total came to $5.86 (including tax)



I used $4.17 from my Walgreens gift card (from my August Walgreens rebate) and got my grand total out-of-pocket down to $1.69!



Oh- and I earned $3 in Register Rewards for my next visit to Walgreens!



Thank You, Lord, for helping me navigate my way through the coupon world. May You receive ALL the glory!

1 comment:

Team Whitney said...

I am going there for the cookie/milk RR deal today!!! I love how you can do their rebates online--don't even have to use a stamp!