Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Giving

Shortly after waking up to feed the littlest this morning those feelings of...

~I deserve ____
~I need ____
~I want ____

... flooded me. I quickly felt overwhelmed, anxious, angry, and hopeless.

But, then, the Holy Spirit bought the words from "You Gave Your Life Away" from Paul Baloche & Kathryn Scott to mind.

The chorus goes,

You gave, You gave Your life away
You gave, You gave Your life away
You gave, You gave Your life away for me
Your grace has broken every chain
My sins are gone, my debt's been paid
You gave, You gave Your life away for me
For me

Life is HARD. Why am I so quick to forget that?!?! I read in Matthew 7:14,

"For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few."

Yep. Life IS hard but He gave His life away for me. That is motivation enough for me to fight and persevere in my faith. He is more than worthy of all I have to offer.

Today I am focusing on remembering what HE did and how I am privileged to give my life away in the ways He has provided. Let's get real. My trials don't even begin to compare with the hardship MANY others face day after day.

How are you giving your life away today?

2 comments:

sarah k said...

Kia,

Thanks so much for this post. It was exactly what I needed to hear yesterday. I woke up with such a complaining heart--my first thought was, "WHEN am I going to get enough sleep so that I feel refreshed and WANT to get out of bed in the morning???" Blah, blah, sin, sin. :) My heart got a little happier during my quiet time, but God used your post, which I read later that morning, to really redirect my heart and encourage me, too, that I CAN give my life away in the power of God's grace because he gave his life away for me. I have been thinking about those lyrics yesterday and today, and they have been so helpful. Thank you for sharing this! I needed that reminder to not go through the day discontentedly dreaming of the day when life will be "easy"! Praying for more grace to joyfully receive my many, many blessings today, and the small difficulties I have, and give my life away...finding it in losing it, right?

sarah

Katie said...

Thanks, Kia. Today's been another day for me of wanting to be served instead of seeking to serve...the battle continues but He has ultimately conquered these sins!