Wednesday, June 04, 2008

What Do You Think?

We are clueless as to the sex of Baby #4. Of course, we are among that small fraction of couples that like to be surprised so it makes sense that we are clueless! (Though we've "sensed" the sex of each baby correctly each time.) At one point we were certain it was a girl. So certain, in fact, that we went out and purchased a cute little dress to bring her home in. Then William started thinking, "No, this baby's a boy for sure." I'm glad we kept the receipt.

And throughout these months we've been struggling with baby names. In fact, it seems to get harder and harder instead of easier to select THE name. Too many options and factors make my head spin. I like things simple and meaningful but not predictable or too common. Where does that come from!? Even as I type this I realize how ridiculous we can get in our name preferences.

The only thing William has said is, "If we have this baby on July 4th and it's a girl, her name is LIBERTY BELLE." Well, that's cute and all but... I'm not feeling the love on it. Just today someone suggested that if we have a boy on July 4th we could name him BENJAMIN FRANKLIN. Well, I'm not a fan of that one either.

We have selected a girl name that we have been throwing around for a couple of months which is growing on us... But the boy name... the one we have temporarily selected just doesn't seem to be loved by us. William and I keep forgetting what it is! That can't be a good thing!

So, what are your suggestions for baby names? And do you have any thoughts in regard to the sex of our Baby #4? Strangers always come up and say, "When's that boy due?!" I also like, "Yep, boy!" If only they knew that I seem to carry the same way each time.

Oh- and because I often get asked about us "being done" especially if we get "another girl for Saraina" the answer is probably not (though God is the One who opens the womb and creates each and every life). We felt God telling us early in our marriage that we'd have six kiddos (though we have a strong desire to adopt so perhaps the Lord would work it out for us to adopt two instead of going the route we've been taking!). But we're focusing on and enjoying our three toddlers and the one still incubating!

2 comments:

judi said...

Hmm. . ., I vote it's a girl. Not sure why, especially since I have not seen you pregnant. This will be the first Whitney baby birth that we will not be present for, we miss you guys! I'll be giving you a call soon. . .

chad.....james said...

I vote its a boy. And Chad James has a nice ring to it.....miss you guys!