Thursday, March 27, 2008

Edible Eggless Pancakes

So, my first attempt to make eggless pancakes was decent but William wouldn't eat them. Truth be told, I wouldn't either. Of course, kiddos are bit less refined in the area of taste discrimination so they gobbled them up. But, I still needed a recipe that would work for the whole fam, not just some.

This is what I'm stickin' with for awhile. It tastes pretty good, smells wonderful cooking, and is easy! Yippee!

Edible Eggless Pancakes

Whatcha Need

2 cups flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
pinch of salt
1/4 cup (or less!) sugar
1 or 2 ripe bananas (depends on what you have on hand)
some applesauce
2 tablespoons (or so) oil
1 teaspoon (or so) vanilla
milk (or rice or soy milk)


Whatcha Do

1- In large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.

2- In a large, liquid measuring cup, mash bananas till fairly smooth. Then add enough applesauce to make for 1 or 1.5 cups fruit. Add oil and vanilla and mix more. Then add whatever kind of milk you want till ingredients in measuring cup make about 2 to 2.5 cups.
Note: You may desire to add more milk later, depending on how think you like your batter.

3- Add fruit mixture to dry ingredients and stir gently till all flour has been incorporated and is fairly smooth. Try not to over stir.

4- Pour desired about of batter into skillet with a little oil over medium-high heat and cook as usual.
Note: I like my eggless batter thicker than my traditional pancake batter to avoid the weird chewy texture that can happen. So- I use a 1/2 cup measuring cup (that sounds weird) and put a dollop of batter on the skillet and kinda smush it and spread it around ever so gently. Doing it this way I can cook four pancakes at a time.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Can't wait to try them!!!!!