Thursday, December 13, 2007

Advent 2007 - Week Two in progress

What fun we are having preparing for our big Christmas celebration! And, how quickly time goes by!


Some of our Christmas traditions are:


~ decorating for Christmas the weekend following Thanksgiving


~ driving to see the Christmas lights and decorations in our area


~ baking Christmas cookies and delivering them to our neighbors


~ selecting one new Christmas book together for our Christmas collection


~ writing a Christmas letter to fam and friends


~ doing a prayer walk on Christmas Day





And new for this year:


~ buying a Christmas video for our collection


~ making ornaments


~ celebrating Advent


~ using the $$ we would spend on buying gifts for each other (Papa and Mama) to DO things we normally would not do together (like ride the carousel at the mall, eat at a fast food place, etc.)


The best thing about Advent in my eyes is how it daily has me thinking of Christ being born to save sinners. Both the circumstances surrounding His birth and His death are truly astounding! And I know what a miracle it is that I am saved for I know the aggregious sins against God I have committed. But He came for me! Yep, He saved me from what I deserve, Hell. That has me hope-filled for those loved ones who have yet to receive the most precious, important and free gift available to all, life with God and freedom from the bondage of sin.

So, if you happen to be one of those loved ones who, like me, is a sinner in need of a Savior, look no more than to Jesus! I am praying for you! We are praying for you! In fact, we love you so much that we need to remind you that all you need to do is believe.

Praying and praising,

~mama whitney

No comments: