Friday, November 09, 2007

The Best Bang for My Buck

We had such success with buying the 25-pound bag of rice that last month we went ahead and got the 25-pound bag of flour! And now that I'm getting use to storing it, it's really not hard at all!

The flour also seems to be going a lot faster! With so much flour on hand I've given making things from scratch a hand. I've made pizza dough (click HERE for a great homemade pizza recipe), pie crust, biscuits, pancakes, and even play dough with our new purchase.

The pie crust I made tasted good but the pie was a bit weird-o looking. Here's what it looked like just before sticking into the oven. It's okay. Laugh! We did!
Oh- I also tried to make a pound cake. Nope. It looked great but it wasn't what I hoping it'd be. It was one of those not-sweet-enough-to-be-on-it's-own desserts.
If you've got other ideas of what I can do with my flour OR of what other items you recommend buying in bulk, let me know!

No comments: