Thursday, September 13, 2007

My Little Light

Do you know that song "This Little Light of Mine?" Although it's a little kid song, it sure has some powerful truth!



This little light of mine, I'm going to let it shine.


Hide it under a bushel? No! I'm going to let it shine.


Don't let Satan blow it out, I'm going to let it shine.


Let it shine till Jesus comes, I'm going to let it shine.




William has been leading us in a little time of family worship right before bed and Saraina will not let Daddy get away without singing that song! (She does the same thing when Grammy is around because Grammy is the one who taught her that song to begin with!)
Well, can I share with you how much I think about that song?

The truth of my light being LITTLE really reminds me of how big God, the great I AM, is. That said, He has given me a light to shine and the choice is mine.

Will I let it shine?

Will I hide in my own bubble and focus on ME instead?

Will I succomb to the Enemy of my soul and allow, even for a moment, Satan to extinguish that which God has granted in and to me?

No, I purpose to live for the Lover of my Soul, declare His good news, and choose to step out of my comfort zone.

My Savior and King, Jesus,

Grant me this day the grace to declare Your Gospel through my choices today! Help me remember throughout the day that my greatest need HAS been met as You suffered and died in place and took all the wrath I deserved!

Your grace is sufficient for me.

No comments: