Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Homeschooling and Ideas Needed

For those of you who've wondered why we want to homeschool our kiddos, check out THIS from Gregg Harris (who also happens to be the father of our former senior pastor, Josh Harris, at Covenant Life). Note: the article is long but you need to read it in its entirety.



In fact, reading this has me PUMPED to homeschool! Okay, and a bit scared as Papa and Mama Whitney are not the sharpest arrows in the bunch, if you dig what I'm saying. But, I once heard someone say, All you really need to teach your child is a library card and a Bible. We got that!



And for those of you out there who DO or DON'T homeschool, I'd love to get some more ideas for what things I can do with my toddlers. I'm looking for what you would consider a MUST HAVE (or even an I'D REALLY WANT) for kids.



So, email or post your votes for good toys, books, videos, craft items, whatever! I'm all ears and eyes!!!



~kia

No comments: