Monday, June 18, 2007

One Step Forward... Five Steps Back

Homeownership.

We've been in our new OLD house for less than a week and we've already had what feels like for every step forward we've taken it is has meant five in the opposite direction. Let me explain...

- House doesn't come with dryer. We own a gas dryer. Decide it's cheaper to buy an electric dryer than have a plumber come out to run the gas line right now. SOOOO, we buy one and guess what?! The dryer timer doesn't work AND it's not blowing hot air! Urgh!

- House has central AC. Get it serviced (since it has been vacant for over a year) and what happens? It sure hasn't gone out totally but it isn't blowing as cold as it was. And this is a big honking house to cool!

- William is in the basement doing "basement stuff" and all of a sudden he sees "matter" from his "business" this morning! Do you get my drift? Well, let's just say we will need some serious plumbing work done lest this issue reoccur sooner than we'd like.

- Found the windows we want, got a great quote to replace these enormous 19 windows, some of which as the size of doors. BUT, since we've had this little plumbing issue, the cashola will need to go in that direction. So, no fresh air (lest we allow lead particles to flood in) and no AC!

What might the Lord of lords be saying to me / us?

Have you not known? Have you not heard?The Lord is the everlasting God,the Creator of the ends of the earth.He does not faint or grow weary;his understanding is unsearchable. (Isaiah 40:28)

So although we grow weary HE does not! And His ways are so far beyond my ways that I won't ever be able to understand everything that God does or allow. Why try? I need to simply TRUST. Trust Him to be God, to do all that is right and holy and perfect, to never leave me or forsake me.

Then there's:

Immediately an angel of the Lord struck him down, because he did not give God the glory, and he was eaten by worms and breathed his last. (John 12:23)

And one of the hardest things for me to do is to not desire approval or applause so reading the above verse sets me straight. The Lord God struck Herod down dead as a doorknob because he did not give God the glory. One the best ways it seems I can give God the glory right now is to choose to see Him at work in the midst of the challenges. And boy is that truth bringing me joy!

Here's why I can be joyful:

* God saved me from bearing the burden of my sin through His gift of salvation

* God has given me the most perfect husband for me

* God has given us three active, adorable children that remind us of His love

* God has given us this incredible home, a true answer to prayer

* God has given us family and friends that love and care for us so well

* God has provided a job for William

* God has done SOOOO MUCH. Too much for me to list. But hopefully I will, with the help of the Holy Spirit, be reminded throughout the day of just how amazing and kind the God we serve is!

Well, I'll try to post some pictures soon. I started a few blog entries but just haven;t gotten around to posting them.

May you see the Lord God in whatever He brings your way today,
~kia

1 comment:

Renee said...

After reading your "house" post, it made me grateful for my little no-window basement apt. haha Love you guys and miss you SOOOO much!!