Monday, June 25, 2007

Crushed, Not Defeated

Although we continue to experience challenge after challenge, the God we serve never ceases to remain the same, always good, always pouring out mercy, always giving us more than we deserve.

After having our dryer die on us we decided to buy new. Yes, though we love Craigslist, it was a better buy getting something more reliable. Of course, we were in for another surprise when the minivan coughed a bit in starting. Let's face it, these things are NOT meant to last forever! I don't know why we get so bent out of shape when they fail! We are thankful we were able to get it in the shop and it should be back today.

How do you respond when challenges come your way?

As 2 Corinthians 4:8 reminds the believer,

"We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair."

Yes, we sometimes feel this house is kicking our tails but then we're reminded of the blessing it is already! A beautiful memory I hope to have with me forever is me peeking into the living room and catching Joshua and Saraina praising God. Yes! Without any prompting from me, they each had one hand lifted in the air to the Lord as they stood in front of the TV watching Matt Redman lead them in worship! It's so neat because I put on the Facedown DVD because I couldn't find our music CDs (still packed in some box!).

O Lord, would you save my children from their sin! Help them to see their great need for You! Save them at a young age, O God! May they live for You and point many, many to You through the way they live their lives. Help me to be the mother You want me to be for Your glory alone!

Here are some pictures of our home, equipped with a new mailbox and our flag (thanks, Freeman!). Dad W. scrubbed and scrubbed the siding making it a bit brighter than it had been. And in about a month or so we'll have another facelift when we get some new windows!!! Oh, to feel the fresh air...






No comments: