Friday, June 22, 2007

Another Challenge Update

Let me be straight. I am NOT where I should be on the Challenge. I'm more than a week behind. In fact, this morning I finally read all of the assigned Scripture for Day 7 when I should be on Day 17. (If you're not sure what I'm talking about, go HERE. And please post a comment letting me know how you're doing, if you're doing it, or how the Lord is meeting you!)

So, although I am WAAAYYY behind, the Lord of lords is meeting me and helping me to see Him more clearly (which inevitably helps me to see my sin more clearly!)

For those interested, these are 2 quick take-aways I had this morning:

Now Moses diligently inquired about the goat of the sin offering, and behold, it was burned up! And he was angry with Eleazar and Ithamar, the surviving sons of Aaron, saying, “Why have you not eaten the sin offering in the place of the sanctuary, since it is a thing most holy and has been given to you that you may bear the iniquity of the congregation, to make atonement for them before the Lord? Behold, its blood was not brought into the inner part of the sanctuary. You certainly ought to have eaten it in the sanctuary, as I commanded.” And Aaron said to Moses, “Behold, today they have offered their sin offering and their burnt offering before the Lord, and yet such things as these have happened to me! If I had eaten the sin offering today, would the Lord have approved?” And when Moses heard that, he approved.

What's so neat about this passage is that Moses diligently inquired about the situation. He didn't just jump to conclusions or react. Talk about failing in that area! Joshua and Saraina are playing then I hear the most annoying sound, that whining mixed with crying and groaning that indicates there's a problem. Do I diligently inquire? Now, some of you are saying, What!? Diligently inquire... of toddlers? But the first person I need to inquire of is way more important. I need to ask God for wisdom, discernment, patience, and humility.

Finally, I was struck by how complicated and specific everything was. Sin, my cyberfriend, is no joke! The law in the OT makes me so very grateful for Jesus assuming the wrath that was meant for me. The Israelites couldn't then and we can't now come before a holy, perfect God without the spilling of blood. Back in the day it was the blood of animals. I try to imagine the stench that must have been present then. I try to imagine all the people trying to maintain the law. I try to imagine the stress and pressure and burden that must have been so real for the people.

I don't want to imagine life without the Savior. Oh, my Savior died for me! For me? Yes, for me. And for you, too.

Humbled by He would love a wretch like me,
~kia

No comments: