... we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame...
We kiddos are almost ashamed to consider our family's situation "suffering" but this verse is what we're holding tight to right now. (Thanks, Uncle Danny!) Although there are MANY, MANY believers in SO MANY places that are under serious tribulation and hardcore suffering - even to the point of death - we are experiencing our own "WIMPified" version as we work hard at remembering THE TRUTH.
What we're talking about is this: although it can be extremely scary at times waiting for the LORD to open up a job for Daddy to support our fam, we must remember THE TRUTH. When bills are due, groceries needed, days turn into weeks of unemployment, as a fam we must remind ourselves of HIS faithfulness.
Check out His faithfulness:
- countless peeps ALL OVER this country lifting our fam up in prayer
- a large tax return
- a cash gift of $1000 from our old care group and dear friends
- a cash gift of $1525 from the worship team at our old church
- unexpectant money from the State of IL for Mommy's one year teaching
- another 2 job interviews lined up for Daddy this week
- all of our fam TOGETHER during this time, adding sweet memory after sweet memory
- having our new church family and now nearby relatives help us move in
- and COUNTLESS other blessings that would make you laugh in shock!
But above all, us kiddos and our folks are remembering the ONE who took care of our GREATEST need, a need for a Savior to save us from our countless sins. Yes, while we were still sinners, running fast and hard from God, He saved us and paid the debt we could NEVER pay or earn. Man, we got it good! Sure hope you do too.
Finally, here are some pixs to enjoy... and please keep lifting us up in prayer!
~josh, SEW, little K, and the folks